Terms and Privacy
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Monthly Subscription: By purchasing a Monthly Subscription, you agree to an initial and recurring Monthly Subscription fee. You accept responsibility for all recurring charges until you cancel your subscription. You may cancel your Monthly Subscription at any time, subject to the terms of our cancellation policy.
AUTOMATIC MONTHLY RENEWAL TERMS: Once you subscribe for one month, Draw Botanical will automatically process your Monthly Subscription fee in the next billing cycle. If an automatic payment is declined or returned, you will lose access to all features of the course (including but not limited to video lessons, content, your portfolio, Art Feed, and live webinars and their recordings). Draw Botanical will continue to automatically process your Monthly Subscription fee each month until you cancel your subscription. We explain how to cancel your Monthly Subscription here.
Annual Subscription: By purchasing an Annual Subscription, you agree to an initial pre-payment for one full year of service. After one year and annually thereafter, you may purchase a new subscription (billed either monthly or yearly). We will notify you before your subscription ends. You may cancel your Annual Subscription anytime before the next billing cycle, subject to the terms of our cancellation policy. Your account access will then terminate at the end of that billing period.
If you experience any issues canceling your subscription, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Cancellation Request” in the subject line. We are unable to process refunds if more than twenty-four (24) hours lapsed since the renewal of your subscription.
See Termination of subscriptions / Return & Refund Policy for refund details. 10% processing fees are non-refundable.
Restrictions on use
The rights granted to you by these Terms will remain in force only for so long as these Terms remain in effect. You may not rent, transfer, assign, commercially exploit, resell or sublicense access to the Service to any third-party. You may use the Site and the Services (including the Downloadable Tools) only for your personal, non-commercial purposes. You further agree not to combine or integrate the Site and the Services (including the Downloadable Tools) with hardware, software or other technology or materials not provided by us. You may not modify or create any derivative product based on the Site, the Site and the Services (including the Downloadable Tools). You may not decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to obtain or perceive the source code from which any component of the Site and the Services (including the Downloadable Tools) is compiled or interpreted, and nothing in these Terms should be interpreted as granting you any right to obtain or use source code. Except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site or Services (including the Downloadable Tools) may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site or Services shall be subject to these Terms. You agree not to use the Site and the Services (including the Downloadable Tools) to: (a) violate any local, state, national or international law; (b) stalk, harass or harm another individual; (c) collect or store personal data about other users; (d) impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or (e) interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to to the Services. Without our written consent, you may not (i) use any high volume, automated, or electronic means to access the Services (including, without limitation, robots, spiders or scripts); or (ii) frame the Site, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages. You promise that any information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us will be true, accurate, complete and current.
Termination of subscriptions / Return & Refund Policy
Subscriptions: You may cancel your subscription at any time with no additional fees. Once your subscription starts, you can’t get a refund for any payments you’ve already made. If you don’t want to subscribe any more, cancel your subscription. You will still have access to the subscription until the end of the period you have paid for.
We reserve the right to cancel your subscription at any time with adequate notice. If you cancel your subscription, or it is terminated for any reason, you will lose access to all lesson videos, content, and features available through the subscription.
Note: If you would like to retain access to the Practice of Botanical Drawing lessons and view them without an internet connection, you can purchase the USB with videos and the printed lessons. For other educational resources, check out our books and individual video lessons.
In-Person Workshops: In the event you cancel over 6 weeks before, a partial refund of 70% will be given if we are able to fill your spot. If we are unable to fill your spot or if you cancel less than 6 weeks before, we cannot issue a refund. We reserve the right to cancel a workshop at any time. If we cancel a workshop, you will receive a full refund.
Zoom Workshops: Cancellations at least two weeks in advance will receive a 75% refund. If you cancel less than one week up to 48 hours before the event, you will receive a 50% refund (less 5% processing fee) if we can find someone to replace your spot. Less than 48 hours cancellation, we cannot issue a refund. You will still receive all recordings from the workshop, and you can watch them at your convenience. We reserve the right to cancel a workshop at any time. If we cancel a workshop, you will receive a full refund.
Individual Video Lessons: Due to the non-returnable nature of digital products, Individual Video Lessons are non-refundable.
Products Purchased and Shipped: Refunds given upon return of items shipped in excellent condition, less 10% restocking fee plus shipping cost.
Before items are shipped we can cancel an order, less 5% credit card fees.
If you receive damaged items, email photos of the damage to email@example.com with “Damaged Product” in the subject line, and we will either send you new products or issue you a refund, depending on your preference.
How and What Information We Collect.
In order to use certain services associated with the website, you may register with the Program. When you register as a website user and/or student of the Program, the Program may collect certain personally identifiable information from you. This information may include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, age, gender, and other information volunteered by you, such as information provided through responses, registration, reviews, emails, postings, messages, and other electronic submissions sent by you to the Program or any affiliated forums. You should not provide the Program with any personally identifiable information (or submit any personally identifiable information to the Program or any affiliated forums) unless you would like that information to be used by the Program in accordance with this Policy. The Program may also automatically collect information from you when you access the website, including but not limited to your Internet Protocol (“IP”) Address.
What We Do With Your Information.
The Program will NOT share your personally identifiable information with any third parties, including individuals, businesses, or government entities, without your consent. The Program will share your personally identifiable information if required to do so by law, court order, subpoena, or other legal process or in the event you violate our Website Terms and Conditions. The Program may use your information to notify you about recent or upcoming classes, workshops, events, activities, and sales sponsored by or occurring at the Program; to contact you for marketing purposes, such as to offer information about products and services provided by and/or at the Program that may interest you; and to improve the website and our affiliated forums.
Other Websites and Their Privacy Policies.
Third-party websites may be accessible through our website and/or affiliated forums. These third-party websites have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. The Program is not responsible for any actions or privacy policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing personally identifiable information through linked websites.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow industry precautions and standards and best practices.
Official Community Spaces
As a community of botanical artists, we create virtual opportunities to come together, both on the Art Feed on our website and at our live monthly webinars. Other spaces we own, operate, and moderate include our official Instagram and Facebook accounts for Draw Botanical.
Creating healthy communities within our official Draw Botanical online spaces is vital to us. This is why we have decided to develop a list of community guidelines. We hope this list provides clarity for what our company stands for and helps everyone navigate our official Draw Botanical spaces responsibly.
- We believe in treating others with respect. Harassment or hateful conduct will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to discrimination, bullying, hate speech, or any targeted attack on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, or socioeconomic status. Comments that violate this policy posted to any of our official online spaces will be deleted, hidden, and the user in violation may be banned.
- We believe all artists deserve credit for their work. Our philosophy is to draw nature by referencing live specimens, but we understand that some people learn best by copying others’ existing work. If you post images of work you have copied, please appropriately credit the original creator.
- We believe in engaging in healthy discussions. Respectful conversations help us understand the world better. We also understand that not everyone shares the same lived experiences. It’s important that we are able to have discussions without engaging in harmful behavior such as online bullying.
- We believe in establishing healthy boundaries. Making friends online can be a fantastic experience, but it is essential to be mindful of the type of information you share. If someone in the online community makes you feel unsafe, please practice good social media self care and block, report, and/or contact the appropriate site administrators. If this happens on our official Draw Botanical online spaces, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the date of the incident(s), the platform on which it occurred, and any screenshots you believe to be relevant.
- We believe in having fun! We encourage you to find bright spots within our content and community that bring you joy! It’s also important that we all work together towards keeping our community safe for others to navigate. Listen to each other, learn from each other, and create fun in a way that doesn’t harm anybody else.
- We believe all who follow these community guidelines are welcomed here. Whether you are a seasoned artist or you are entirely new to art creation — you belong here. We encourage you to engage (or not engage) with our content in whichever way feels best for you. If you have a strong preference about how you want others to engage with you, please include this in a comment on your post. (ex. “I’m just having fun, not looking for feedback,” “Help! I know something’s not quite right, but I don’t know what it is,” etc.)
If you disregard these guidelines, we reserve the right to remove you from our official online spaces.
Art Feed Conduct
Please only post relevant content you’ve developed incorporating Draw Botanical methods to the Art Feed and Portfolio spaces. We define relevant content as:
- Your own botanical illustrations of subjects found in nature (ie. plants, trees, birds, insects, etc.)
- Photographs of botanical subjects
- Drawing exercises and works in progress (ie. toning exercises, sketch pages, etc.)
Respect all artwork. We value all creators in our community and believe that everyone deserves respect, especially in relation to their hard work. If you post images of work you have copied, please appropriately credit the original creator.
Avoid overt criticism by keeping suggestions positive. When critiquing work on our Art Feed, the goal is to help our community of artists learn and grow through the joy of botanical drawing. Our focus is on the joy of the process, and the quality of the end result is a bonus! We ask that you be mindful of the impact negative words have on developing artists and make sure to keep your comments encouraging and positive.
Last revised: September 13, 2022